CURRENTLY SEEKING SUBSTITUTE DANCE TEACHING ARTISTS FOR ALL STYLES AND LEVELS FOR TWIRL’S 2023-24 SEASON- Now accepting resumes for upbeat and outgoing dance instructors for all styles and levels of dance (see descriptions below). Please email a resume and links to online videos that showcase your choreography to email@example.com. In your email please let us know our availability, what dance styles and levels you are interested in teaching, and your expected pay rate. Please see descriptions below:
- Acrobatics– All acrobatics instructors must have former acro teaching or gymnastics coaching experience.
- Hip Hop– Twirl’s hip hop classes are squeaky clean and super family friendly. The style is open to legit or commercial hip hop. We keep choreography and costuming appropriate for students of all ages. Hip hop classes start at age 8.
- Tap– Looking for instructors with a strong knowledge of tap and the ability to help students fall in love with this art form. Knowledge of musical theatre style tap is a strong plus.
- Musical Theatre Dance– Because Twirl is dedicated to teaching authentic musical theatre dance, instructors must have significant musical theatre performing experience with exposure to different musical theatre choreographic styles.
- Jazz– Twirl is looking for jazz instructors who can break down jazz technique for all levels and age groups.
- Ballet– All ballet instructors should be good with working with children, have the ability to teach solid technique to a wide range of levels, and provide quality training in a positive learning environment.
- Contemporary– Instructors for this genre should have the ability to work with students ages 8+ of all different skill levels. All contemporary dance students are also required to study ballet.
- Lyrical– Lyrical teaching artists need to be able to adapt class curriculum for both recreational dancers and dancers who take multiple classes a week at Twirl.
- Combination Classes– Twirl offers one hour combination classes for students age 5-7 in Tap/Jazz and Ballet/Jazz. Instructors for these classes should be proficient in the styles being taught, as well as appropriate knowledge of pedagogy for this age group.
- Preschool Dance– Twirl’s preschool dance classes are fast-moving, fun, and engaging. Instructors must love preschoolers and will teach a combination of tap, acrobatics, and dance basics to this age group. A general outline of the class structure will be given to these instructors.
Dance teachers/instructors in Delaware County, Chester County, and the Philadelphia area please submit resumes, links of online videos showing examples of choreography, and an email cover letter detailing the following:
- What types and levels of dance CAN you teach?
- What types and levels of dance do you LOVE to teach?
- What age ranges do you LOVE to teach?
- What is your availability?
- What is your expected pay scale?
Please email submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org.